Tamryn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Tamara:
Tamara is a Russian cognate of the Hebrew Tamar (date palm, a palm tree). Tamar is borne in the Bible by the daughter-in-law of Judah and mother of his twin sons, and by King David's daughter who was raped by Amnon her half brother.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tamryn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tamryn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tamryn
- Comments and insights on the name Tamryn
started as combination name Tamara+Rian because we couldn't decide
My parents like the name camryn but wanted her name to be unique so they came up with Tamryn. My grandma also wanted her family to be all Ts and Js
- Personal experiences with the name Tamryn
- Nicknames for Tamryn
- Meanings and history of the name Tamryn
- Famous real-life people named Tamryn
- Tamryn in song, story & screen