Tamsyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Tamsin:
Contraction of Thomasina, a feminine form of Thomas (a twin), which is derived via the Ecclesiastic Greek and Late Latin, from the Aramaic tē'ōma (a twin).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tamsyn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tamsyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tamsyn
- Comments and insights on the name Tamsyn
Female form of Thomas more popular in England.
- Personal experiences with the name Tamsyn
More common in England very rare in the U.S.
- Nicknames for Tamsyn
- Meanings and history of the name Tamsyn
Hebrew name meaning "Twin"
- Famous real-life people named Tamsyn
- Tamsyn in song, story & screen
Character on popular British show "Coupling". 5th season.