Tarja Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Daria:
Feminine form of Darius, an old Latin name derived from the Greek Dareios, which is of uncertain origin. It is thought to ultimately be derived from Darayavahush, the name of an ancient Persian king.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tarja? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tarja
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tarja
- Comments and insights on the name Tarja
- Personal experiences with the name Tarja
- Nicknames for Tarja
- Meanings and history of the name Tarja
Tarja is the Finnish form of Daria.
- Famous real-life people named Tarja
Tarja Turunen, Finnish singer
Tarja Cronberg, Finnish politician
Tarja Halonen, President of Finland since 2000
- Tarja in song, story & screen