Taylor Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Taylor:
Transferred use of the surname derived from the Anglo-French taillour (tailor), which is from the Old French taillier (to cut). The name arose as an occupational name.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Taylor? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Taylor
- New Zealand Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in New Zealand, 2010
- Scottish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Scotland, 2011
- Canadian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Canada (Alberta), 2010
- Scottish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Scotland for 2012
- New Zealand Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in New Zealand for 2012
Contribute your knowledge to the name Taylor
- Comments and insights on the name Taylor
- Personal experiences with the name Taylor
- Nicknames for Taylor
Tay, Tay-Tay, Tays, Tayla, Taser, Tater-Tot, Lor, Taylor-Tot, Tails, Taylo-roo, Roo Tigger, Tayer, Tayo, Lore, T, Tea
- Meanings and history of the name Taylor
An English name meaning "Cutter of the cloth; one who alters garments". True, but it's an English name with Biblical meaning: clothed with salvation. Taylor means internal beauty and they are beautiful inside and out.
- Famous real-life people named Taylor
Taylor Swift - American singer and songwriter
Taylor Momsen - American actress and singer
Elizabeth Taylor- American Actress
Taylor Lautner - American actor
Taylor Jardine- Singer for We Are The In Crowd
Taylor Reese El Moussa - daughter of Christina & Tarek El Moussa
- Taylor in song, story & screen
A song by Jack Johnson titled "Taylor".
Taylor James in One Tree Hill
Taylor Townsend in The O.C.
Taylor Mckessie The High School Musical Trilogy