Teri Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Teri:
A short form of Teresa, a name of uncertain etymology generally believed to be derived from the Greek therizein (to reap, to gather in) and thus takes the definition of “harvester.”
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Teri? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Teri
Contribute your knowledge to the name Teri
- Comments and insights on the name Teri
- Personal experiences with the name Teri
- Nicknames for Teri
- Meanings and history of the name Teri
Abbreviation of Teresa, meaning harvester.
- Famous real-life people named Teri
Teri Hatcher, actress, Teri Harrison, model, Teri Austin, actress, Teri Copley, actress, Teri Polo, actress, Teri McMinn, actress.
- Teri in song, story & screen