Terina Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Terina? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Terina
Contribute your knowledge to the name Terina
- Comments and insights on the name Terina
- Personal experiences with the name Terina
- Nicknames for Terina
- Meanings and history of the name Terina
The name Terina most likely comes from the Greek "Teresia" or "Teresa", meaning to "reap or harvest." However, it is most commonly used among the Māori people and is sometimes spelled "Te Rina."
- Famous real-life people named Terina
- Terina in song, story & screen
"Terina" is a Māori folk song written by New Zealand composer Tommy Taurima for his granddaughter, Terina Pomare. In the song, Tommy prays that Terina will grow into a beautiful woman and add to his family tree.