Theda Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Theda:
A short form of the Greek Althaia, from the Greek althaia (healer), which is from althainein (to heal).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Theda? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Theda
Contribute your knowledge to the name Theda
- Comments and insights on the name Theda
- Personal experiences with the name Theda
- Nicknames for Theda
- Meanings and history of the name Theda
- Famous real-life people named Theda
Theda Bara, stage name and later legal name of silent movie actress Theodosia Burr Goodman, Hollywood's first vamp
- Theda in song, story & screen