Theofania Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Tiffany:
Transferred use of the surname derived from the Old French Tifaine (Epiphany), which is from the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Theophania (Ephiphany, manifestation of God).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Theofania? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Theofania
Contribute your knowledge to the name Theofania
- Comments and insights on the name Theofania
- Personal experiences with the name Theofania
- Nicknames for Theofania
Fania, Fani, Fanoula, Fanitsa, Nitsa,
- Meanings and history of the name Theofania
Greek name associated with the Greek Orthodox Church celebration Theofania, meaning "the appearance of God", referring to the baptism of Jesus at the Jordan river by Saint John the Baptist.
This name is the source of the modern short form, Tiffany.
Pronounced: The-o– fa –NIA
- Famous real-life people named Theofania
- Theofania in song, story & screen