Thomasyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Thomasina:
Feminine form of Thomas (a twin), which is derived via the Ecclesiastic Greek and Late Latin, from the Aramaic tē'ōma (a twin).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Thomasyn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Thomasyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Thomasyn
- Comments and insights on the name Thomasyn
Feminine form of Thomas; Thomasyn is an Elizabethan variant. Other forms include Thomasin and Thomasina.
Note: another user erased the useful information above and replaced it with a claim that Thomasyn is a modern invention; I reverted the change. The name is found fairly regularly in 16th-17th century English christening records, and is almost unheard of today.
- Personal experiences with the name Thomasyn
- Nicknames for Thomasyn
- Meanings and history of the name Thomasyn
- Famous real-life people named Thomasyn
- Thomasyn in song, story & screen