Tia Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Tia:
Short form of Letitia (gladness, happiness) or any of the other various names ending in the element -tia.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tia
- Comments and insights on the name Tia
- Personal experiences with the name Tia
- Nicknames for Tia
- Meanings and history of the name Tia
Tia is Spanish for "aunt."
- Famous real-life people named Tia
Tia Carrere - American actress
Tia Mowry - American actress and twin sister of Tamera Mowry
Tiya Sircar - American actress
- Tia in song, story & screen
Tia from Escape to Witch Mountain
Mia and Tia from the Pixar franchise Cars
Tia from The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn