Tilda Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Tilda:
Short form of Mathila (powerful in battle), a compound name composed of the elements maht (might, power) and hiltia (battle).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tilda? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tilda
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tilda
- Comments and insights on the name Tilda
- Personal experiences with the name Tilda
- Nicknames for Tilda
- Meanings and history of the name Tilda
- Famous real-life people named Tilda
Tilda Swinton, actress
Tilda Lindstam, model
- Tilda in song, story & screen