Tilder Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Matilda:
Derived from the Old High German Mahthilda (powerful in battle), a compound name composed of the elements maht (might, power) and hiltia (battle).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tilder? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tilder
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tilder
- Comments and insights on the name Tilder
- Personal experiences with the name Tilder
My daughter Matilda chose this name.
- Nicknames for Tilder
- Meanings and history of the name Tilder
It comes from Matilda or Tilda being pronounced with a British accent so that the 'a' sound on the end sounds like an 'er' sound.
- Famous real-life people named Tilder
- Tilder in song, story & screen