Tryphena Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tryphena? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tryphena
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tryphena
- Comments and insights on the name Tryphena
- Personal experiences with the name Tryphena
- Nicknames for Tryphena
- Meanings and history of the name Tryphena
From Greek, meaning "delicate" or "dainty". A Christian named Tryphena is found in the New Testament, where she is greeted by St. Paul in Romans 16:12 as "a woman who labors in the Lord".
- Famous real-life people named Tryphena
Tryphena Sparks, cousin and possibly lover of author Thomas Hardy, who inspired his poem, "Thoughts of Phena at News of Her Death".
- Tryphena in song, story & screen
Tryphena is the name of a town in New Zealand.