Tullia Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tullia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tullia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tullia
- Comments and insights on the name Tullia
- Personal experiences with the name Tullia
- Nicknames for Tullia
Tú, Tulip, Tulips, Tulipa, Tuiuti, Tutu
- Meanings and history of the name Tullia
The girl's name Tulia \t(u)- is of Spanish and Latin origin. From an ancient Roman family name, Tullius.
Of uncertain meaning, though it may be related to the Etruscan word "tul", which refers to a heavy rain or downpour. Also possibly means "bound for glory".
Tulia has 8 variant forms: Toolia, Toulia, Toolya, Toulya, Tula, Tulla, Tullia and Tulya.
Go to for more: http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Tulia
- Famous real-life people named Tullia
The name Tullia/Tulia goes back to Ancient Roman times. Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BC-43 BC)--politician, lawyer, orator and philosopher--had two daughters: Julia and Tullia. He deeply loved his daughter Tullia and when she died giving birth to a son, Cicero wrote: "I have lost the one thing that bound me to life." (wikipedia.org, Encyclopedia of World Biography.
Tullia d'Aragona (c. 1510 - 1556) was a celebrated 16th century Venetian courtesan, author and philosopher
- Tullia in song, story & screen
TULIA IN SONGS:
1. Tulia Moyo - a swahili gospel song in you tube sung by Jennifer Mgendi - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdDzm4Tt7j8
2. Moyo Wangu Tulia – another swahili gospel song sung by Lygia Njeri - http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/lydianjeri3
3. Tulia Groove - the name of a band from Colombia - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PvVrB_16cU
TULIA IN STORIES:
*TULIA SHOR'S STORIES - in "A house with Seven Windows" by Kadya Molodowsky
TULIA ON SCREEN:
*Release Date: 2008
Genre: Crime, Drama
Starring: Halle Berry, Billy Bob Thornton, Columbus Short
Director: John Singleton
Plot: In Tulia, Texas, an attorney (Berry) works on behalf of a group of local black men who are wrongly convicted of their involvement in a drug ring.
TV review: Documentary 'Tulia, Texas'
February 10, 2009|By David Wiegand, Chronicle Staff Writer