Tyler Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Tyler:
Transferred use of the surname derived from the Old French tieuleor, tieulier (tiler, tile maker) and the Middle English tyler, tylere (a brick, a tile). The name originated as an occupational name for a tile or brick maker or layer.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tyler? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tyler
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tyler
- Comments and insights on the name Tyler
- Personal experiences with the name Tyler
- Nicknames for Tyler
- Meanings and history of the name Tyler
- Famous real-life people named Tyler
- Tyler in song, story & screen