Tzofia Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Sofia:
A borrowing from the Greek, Sophia is directly derived from sophia (wisdom, skill). The name has been in common use in England since the 17th century, when it was bestowed upon the infant daughter of James I.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tzofia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tzofia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tzofia
- Comments and insights on the name Tzofia
The name Tzofia is a Hebrew variation of Sofia. It is often used as a Hebrew name for Jewish children that have been given the name Sofia.
- Personal experiences with the name Tzofia
- Nicknames for Tzofia
- Meanings and history of the name Tzofia
While the Name Sofia is of Greek origin meaning Wisdom. The name Tzofia is of Hebrew origin meaning watchmen or guard.
- Famous real-life people named Tzofia
- Tzofia in song, story & screen