Ulvhild Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ulvhild? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ulvhild
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ulvhild
- Comments and insights on the name Ulvhild
Used sometimes in Scandinavia. Today it is used rarely, though it was once quite common.
- Personal experiences with the name Ulvhild
- Nicknames for Ulvhild
- Meanings and history of the name Ulvhild
"Wolf battle", from Old Norse.
- Famous real-life people named Ulvhild
Ulvhild Håkansdotter, medieval Scandinavian queen
- Ulvhild in song, story & screen
Ulvhild Lavransdatter, a character in Sigrid Undset's "Kristin Lavransdatter". She is the first of Kristin's two younger sisters and was paralyzed as a child in an accident involving a roof beam. She later dies, and Kristin's other sister, Ramborg, and her husband name their daughter after her.