Urszula Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ursula:
A borrowing from Middle Latin, Ursula is a diminutive of the Latin ursa (she-bear). The name was borne by a legendary 4th-century saint, a Christian British princess said to have been martyred along with eleven thousand virgins by the Huns at Cologne. The story was very popular in the Middle Ages, which helped establish the name throughout England and Europe. Var: Ursala.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Urszula? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Urszula
Contribute your knowledge to the name Urszula
- Comments and insights on the name Urszula
- Personal experiences with the name Urszula
- Nicknames for Urszula
- Meanings and history of the name Urszula
Polish form of Ursula
- Famous real-life people named Urszula
- Urszula in song, story & screen