Valancy Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Valancy? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Valancy
Contribute your knowledge to the name Valancy
- Comments and insights on the name Valancy
I named my daughter Valancy; I always loved the book "The Blue Castle" by L. M. Montgomery and knew that Valancy Isabella Crawford was credited as Canada's first female writer. It seems very Canadian to me, and also intelligent and feminine.
Pronounced with emphasis on the first syllable: VAL' an see
NOT pronounced like a curtain valence or Valencia oranges(va LEN see a)
- Personal experiences with the name Valancy
- Nicknames for Valancy
- Meanings and history of the name Valancy
- Famous real-life people named Valancy
Isabella Valancy Crawford, Canadian poet.
- Valancy in song, story & screen
Valancy Stirling, main character in Lucy Maud Montgomery's 1926 novel, "The Blue Castle."