Vanessza Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Vanessa:
An invention of satirist Jonathan Swift (1667 - 1745), Vanessa is a partial anagram of the name of his intimate friend Esther Vanhomrigh. Swift used the name in his Cadenus and Vanessa, which led to its use as a female given name.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Vanessza
Contribute your knowledge to the name Vanessza
- Comments and insights on the name Vanessza
Hungarian form of Vanessa
- Personal experiences with the name Vanessza
- Nicknames for Vanessza
- Meanings and history of the name Vanessza
- Famous real-life people named Vanessza
- Vanessza in song, story & screen