Vannessa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Vanessa:
An invention of satirist Jonathan Swift (1667 - 1745), Vanessa is a partial anagram of the name of his intimate friend Esther Vanhomrigh. Swift used the name in his Cadenus and Vanessa, which led to its use as a female given name.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Vannessa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Vannessa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Vannessa
- Comments and insights on the name Vannessa
Alternate spelling of Vanessa
- Personal experiences with the name Vannessa
- Nicknames for Vannessa
- Meanings and history of the name Vannessa
- Famous real-life people named Vannessa
- Vannessa in song, story & screen