Vannie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Vanessa:
An invention of satirist Jonathan Swift (1667 - 1745), Vanessa is a partial anagram of the name of his intimate friend Esther Vanhomrigh. Swift used the name in his Cadenus and Vanessa, which led to its use as a female given name.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Vannie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Vannie
- Comments and insights on the name Vannie
- Personal experiences with the name Vannie
- Nicknames for Vannie
- Meanings and history of the name Vannie
Vannie is a variant of Vanessa, which means "butterfly"
- Famous real-life people named Vannie
- Vannie in song, story & screen