Vannie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Vanessa:
An invention of satirist Jonathan Swift (1667 - 1745), Vanessa is a partial anagram of the name of his intimate friend Esther Vanhomrigh. Swift used the name in his Cadenus and Vanessa, which led to its use as a female given name.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Vannie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Vannie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Vannie
- Comments and insights on the name Vannie
- Personal experiences with the name Vannie
- Nicknames for Vannie
- Meanings and history of the name Vannie
Vannie is a variant of Vanessa, which means "butterfly"
- Famous real-life people named Vannie
- Vannie in song, story & screen