Venessa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Vanessa:
An invention of satirist Jonathan Swift (1667 - 1745), Vanessa is a partial anagram of the name of his intimate friend Esther Vanhomrigh. Swift used the name in his Cadenus and Vanessa, which led to its use as a female given name.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Venessa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Venessa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Venessa
- Comments and insights on the name Venessa
- Personal experiences with the name Venessa
- Nicknames for Venessa
Ness, nesssa, v
- Meanings and history of the name Venessa
- Famous real-life people named Venessa
- Venessa in song, story & screen