Veslemøy Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Veslemøy
Contribute your knowledge to the name Veslemøy
- Comments and insights on the name Veslemøy
- Personal experiences with the name Veslemøy
- Nicknames for Veslemøy
- Meanings and history of the name Veslemøy
This name means "little girl" in Norwegian. It is composed of the two works "vesle" (little) and "møy" (girl), and is pronounced VES-le-may. The name was created by Norwegian writer Arne Garborg for the heroine of his poem series "Haugtussa" (The Fairy Maid) (1895).
- Famous real-life people named Veslemøy
Veslemøy Solberg, Norwegian singer
Veslemøy Haslund, Norwegian actress
Veslemøy Høgåsen, Norwegian artist
- Veslemøy in song, story & screen
Veslemøy is the name of the young hairdresser who becomes the mother of the narrator in the Oscar-winning Norwegian animated film, "The Danish Poet".