Vivi Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Vivian:
Cognate of the French Vivien (alive), a male name derived from the Latin Vivianus, which has its root in vivus (alive). Although in Great Britain it is occasionally bestowed upon females, the alternate spelling Vivien is the more common female form. In Arthurian legend, Vivian was the name of the Lady of the Lake, an enchantress who was the mistress of Merlin.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Vivi? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Vivi
Contribute your knowledge to the name Vivi
- Comments and insights on the name Vivi
- Personal experiences with the name Vivi
- Nicknames for Vivi
- Meanings and history of the name Vivi
- Famous real-life people named Vivi
- Vivi in song, story & screen