Vivianne Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Vivian:
Cognate of the French Vivien (alive), a male name derived from the Latin Vivianus, which has its root in vivus (alive). Although in Great Britain it is occasionally bestowed upon females, the alternate spelling Vivien is the more common female form. In Arthurian legend, Vivian was the name of the Lady of the Lake, an enchantress who was the mistress of Merlin.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Vivianne? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Vivianne
Contribute your knowledge to the name Vivianne
- Comments and insights on the name Vivianne
Female version of Vivian
- Personal experiences with the name Vivianne
The first name of my third child
- Nicknames for Vivianne
- Meanings and history of the name Vivianne
Means lively or full of life
- Famous real-life people named Vivianne
Vivi-Anne Stein, dancer on Dance Moms
- Vivianne in song, story & screen