Viviyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Vivian:
Cognate of the French Vivien (alive), a male name derived from the Latin Vivianus, which has its root in vivus (alive). Although in Great Britain it is occasionally bestowed upon females, the alternate spelling Vivien is the more common female form. In Arthurian legend, Vivian was the name of the Lady of the Lake, an enchantress who was the mistress of Merlin.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Viviyn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Viviyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Viviyn
- Comments and insights on the name Viviyn
- Personal experiences with the name Viviyn
- Nicknames for Viviyn
Vivi or Vi.
- Meanings and history of the name Viviyn
Creative re-spelling of Vivian or Vivienne.
- Famous real-life people named Viviyn
- Viviyn in song, story & screen