Vyvienne Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Vivian:
Cognate of the French Vivien (alive), a male name derived from the Latin Vivianus, which has its root in vivus (alive). Although in Great Britain it is occasionally bestowed upon females, the alternate spelling Vivien is the more common female form. In Arthurian legend, Vivian was the name of the Lady of the Lake, an enchantress who was the mistress of Merlin.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Vyvienne
Contribute your knowledge to the name Vyvienne
- Comments and insights on the name Vyvienne
Uncommon spelling of a familiar name.
- Personal experiences with the name Vyvienne
Cannot be found on personalized pencils.
- Nicknames for Vyvienne
- Meanings and history of the name Vyvienne
The name of the lady of the lake in Arthurian legend.
- Famous real-life people named Vyvienne
- Vyvienne in song, story & screen
Vivian on the divine secrets of the yaya sisterhood