Wendolyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gwendolyn:
English variant of the Welsh Gwendolen (fair-browed), a compound name composed of the elements gwen, gwyn (white, fair, blessed) and dolen (brows, eyebrows).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Wendolyn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Wendolyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Wendolyn
- Comments and insights on the name Wendolyn
- Personal experiences with the name Wendolyn
- Nicknames for Wendolyn
- Meanings and history of the name Wendolyn
I've seen it referred to in one baby book as a variation of Gwendolyn, though I associate it more with the short form Wendy.
- Famous real-life people named Wendolyn
- Wendolyn in song, story & screen