Winifrid Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Winifred:
Derived from the Welsh Gwenfrewi (blessed peace), a compound name composed of the elements gwen (white, fair, blessed) and frewi (peace, reconciliation).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Winifrid? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Winifrid
Contribute your knowledge to the name Winifrid
- Comments and insights on the name Winifrid
- Personal experiences with the name Winifrid
- Nicknames for Winifrid
- Meanings and history of the name Winifrid
German variant of Winifred.
- Famous real-life people named Winifrid
- Winifrid in song, story & screen