Wynie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Winnie:
A pet form of Winifred, which is derived from the Welsh Gwenfrewi, a compound name composed of the elements gwen (white, fair, blessed) and frewi (reconciliation, peace). Var: Winifrede, Winifrid, Winifride, Winnifred. Pet: Winnie, Winny.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Wynie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Wynie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Wynie
- Comments and insights on the name Wynie
Variation on the name Winnie.
- Personal experiences with the name Wynie
- Nicknames for Wynie
- Meanings and history of the name Wynie
- Famous real-life people named Wynie
- Wynie in song, story & screen