Xuan Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Xuan? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Xuan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Xuan
- Comments and insights on the name Xuan
In China Xuan is pronounced something like "Shwen." In Vietnam, where the name is more common, it is pronounced more like "Soon."
- Personal experiences with the name Xuan
- Nicknames for Xuan
In China, one syllable names are doubled to create a nickname. So the nickname for Xuan is Xuanxuan.
- Meanings and history of the name Xuan
Depending on which character is used, Xuan can mean "piece of jade offered to heaven" or "waterlily."
- Famous real-life people named Xuan
- Xuan in song, story & screen
Xuan Zhong was the emperor in the Chinese story of the Ghostcatcher.