Yekaterina Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Katerina:
Cognate of the Greek Aikaterinē, the root of which is katharos (pure, unsullied).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Yekaterina? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Yekaterina
Contribute your knowledge to the name Yekaterina
- Comments and insights on the name Yekaterina
- Personal experiences with the name Yekaterina
- Nicknames for Yekaterina
Katya, Katia, Katyusha, Kathy, Yaya
- Meanings and history of the name Yekaterina
Russian form of Katerina/Katherine.
- Famous real-life people named Yekaterina
Yekaterina Petrovna Zamolodchikova (but your dad just calls her Katya)- Rupaul’s Drag Race season 7 contestant and All Stars 2 runner up
- Yekaterina in song, story & screen