Yekira Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Kira:
Feminine form of Kieran, an Anglicized form of the Irish Ciarán, which is derived from the Gaelic ciar (black) and the diminutive suffix -an: hence, "little dark one." The name was originally bestowed upon those babies born with dark hair or a dark complexion.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Yekira? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Yekira
Contribute your knowledge to the name Yekira
- Comments and insights on the name Yekira
Yekira means 'precious' in Hebrew. It's related to the name Yakir. It's pronounced Yih-Kira.
- Personal experiences with the name Yekira
- Nicknames for Yekira
- Meanings and history of the name Yekira
Hebrew for Precious.
- Famous real-life people named Yekira
- Yekira in song, story & screen