Yelka Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Helen:
Cognate of the Greek Helenē, which is derived from the root ēlē (light, torch, bright). The name is borne in Greek legend by the beautiful wife of the king of Sparta. Her abduction by the Trojan prince Paris sparked off the Trojan War.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Yelka? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Yelka
Contribute your knowledge to the name Yelka
- Comments and insights on the name Yelka
Jelka in Sloven.
Slovene and Croatian diminutive of HELEN. Jelka also means "fir tree" in the south Slavic languages.
- Personal experiences with the name Yelka
- Nicknames for Yelka
- Meanings and history of the name Yelka
- Famous real-life people named Yelka
- Yelka in song, story & screen