Yemanji Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Yemanji
Contribute your knowledge to the name Yemanji
- Comments and insights on the name Yemanji
- Personal experiences with the name Yemanji
- Nicknames for Yemanji
- Meanings and history of the name Yemanji
a different spelling of Yemanja:
Because the Afro-American religions were transmitted as part of a long oral tradition, there are many regional variations on the goddess's name. She is represented with Our Lady.
* Africa: Yemoja, Ymoja, Yemowo
* Brazil: Yemanjá, Iemanjá, Janaína
* Cuba: Yemaya, Yemayah, Iemanya
* Haiti: La Sirène, LaSiren (in Vodou)
* USA (New Orleans Voodoo): Yemalla, Yemana
Yemaja is an orisha, originally of the Yoruba religion, who has become prominent in many Afro-American religions.
- Famous real-life people named Yemanji
- Yemanji in song, story & screen