Yohanna Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Johanna:
Middle Latin feminine form of Joannes (God is gracious). The name is derived from the Greek Iōannes, a derivative of the Hebrew Yehanan, a short form of Yehohanan, which is from yehōhānān (Yahweh is gracious).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Yohanna? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Yohanna
Contribute your knowledge to the name Yohanna
- Comments and insights on the name Yohanna
- Personal experiences with the name Yohanna
I find that at one time this name was used; However i don't believe it was popular or used often. This name has grabbed attention when I do tell people my daughters name. People find the name to be different, but also pretty.
- Nicknames for Yohanna
- Meanings and history of the name Yohanna
- Famous real-life people named Yohanna
- Yohanna in song, story & screen