Zelia Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Celia:
Derived from the Latin Caelia, a feminine form of the old Roman family name Caelius, which is believed to be a derivative of the Latin caelum (heaven). Celia is also used as a short form of Cecilia (blind, dim-sighted).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Zelia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Zelia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Zelia
- Comments and insights on the name Zelia
- Personal experiences with the name Zelia
- Nicknames for Zelia
Lia, Zizi, Elyosha, Ella, Ellie, Zel, Eliza
- Meanings and history of the name Zelia
Origin is Greek. Means sunshine; Zeal.
- Famous real-life people named Zelia
Zélia Cardoso de Mello, economist
Zelia Duncan, musician
Zelia Gattai, writer
- Zelia in song, story & screen