Zooey Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Zoe:
A borrowing from the Greek, Zoe is derived from zōē (life).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Zooey? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Zooey
Contribute your knowledge to the name Zooey
- Comments and insights on the name Zooey
The J.D. Salinger (male) character is pronounced ZOO-ee; actress Zooey Deschanel pronounces it ZOH-ee.
- Personal experiences with the name Zooey
June 2012: I just met a little boy named Zooey (pronounced Zoo-y, not like the girls' version Zow-y)...very unusual!
- Nicknames for Zooey
- Meanings and history of the name Zooey
- Famous real-life people named Zooey
Zooey Deschanel (actress)
- Zooey in song, story & screen
Zooey Glass (male character in Salinger's Franny & Zooey)
Zooey Hoffman (character in Nancy Rue's 'Lily' series for young Christian girls)