Zophia Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Sophia:
A borrowing from the Greek, Sophia is directly derived from sophia (wisdom, skill). The name has been in common use in England since the 17th century, when it was bestowed upon the infant daughter of James I.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Zophia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Zophia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Zophia
- Comments and insights on the name Zophia
A respelling of Sophia
- Personal experiences with the name Zophia
- Nicknames for Zophia
- Meanings and history of the name Zophia
- Famous real-life people named Zophia
- Zophia in song, story & screen