Ava and ..............
I have posted here in the past and I’m at it again J We are TTC and I’d like to have a boy and a girl name picked out for big sister Ava Louise.
Here is what I’m looking for:
-longer name: at least 2 syllables, preferably 3
-nicknames are extremely important (I like a natural nickname and ones that are created with the first few letters/sounds of the beginning of the name, such as “Ev” for Evelyn or "Lu" for Lucille.
-I do NOT care about popularity whatsoever, I actually prefer a name at least in the top 200, preferably top 100.
-cannot be a made-up name or something too obscure. In fact, if it is more well known name from a TV series or movie or actor/actress, that is a bonus! My biggest inspiration is from characters or other people I admire with the name.
*The runner up the first time around was Evelyn and I would love to use this for a girl, but feedback I’ve received is it’s too similar with sister, Ava. I can agree they have similar sounds, but I have heard much more similar sibling names. I just had a friend name her daughter Vivian and she has an Evelyn. To me, those sound even more alike. Or I’ve heard of C00per and H@rper. Mich@el and MitcheI. If it werent for the similarity issue, this would be my girl name. Thoughts?
Some other names I like but am not 100% convinced are…
- ROSALIE (love the nickname potential --Ro, Rose, Rosie--classic, long & pretty)
- OLIVIA (again, too close with Ava? I do love the nickname Liv or Livi, even tho this NN is rooted in the middle of the name)
- ELEANOR (also love the nickname potential, classic, long, but am unsure of the “nor” ending as I sometimes think its feels “stuffy”)
- ADELINE (not a huge fan of double “A” initials as it reminds me of 'Alcoholics Anonymous', but I may be able to overlook that. Also, a close friend named her baby Addison recently so that might not work well in our group of friends)
- EMILY(seems so plain to me)
- PENELOPE (husband dislikes it)
- CHARLOTTE (not a huge fan of the NN “Char” and as I mentioned earlier I would like a good nickname)
- SCARLETT (same as above, not a fan of "Scar" as a NN)
- NATALIE (cannot find anything specific wrong with this one. I just dont like it as much as Evelyn or some of the others)
- MOLLY (is this too much of a “dog name”? drug association?)
LUCILLE (the NN would be "Lu" and we already use that sometimes as Ava's nickname as we call her "Ava Lou")
- BENJAMIN (love the full name but am not a fan of just ‘Ben”. I am looking for more of an obscure nickname like “Em” short for Emily or “Vin” short for Vincent.)
- HENRY (I’d be tempted to use “Hen” as a NN and I fear that has a strong feminine association because of the female bird. Other than “Hen” there are no nicknames. I don’t like Hank b/c to me, that’s not a natural nickname. I never quite understood how Hank is a nn for Henry…. ??)
- HUDSON (too trendy?)
- ETHAN (nickname?)
- OWEN (too short?)
- OLIVER (husband isn’t a fan)
ZACHARY (too 1990's?)
The above names are options I will still consider, they are just names I am not 100% sold on yet. Am I being wayyy too picky? I appreciate the feedback and any other suggestions!!
Thu, 07/20/2017 - 9:05pm