I need a whole batch of names
So I recently finished my second attempt at writing a novel, and I hate MOST of the names in there. Can you brilliant namers rename a whole book's worth of characters and places for me? Because I totally can't. It's a reimagining of Snow White. Here's what I need:
1. a protagonist. Snow white, of course. I've been using Bianca, but I don't love it. I would like something that played off of Snow or White, but is also a name with notes of sweetness and humility. Bianca doesn't quite fit.
2. An antagonist. You know, a vain, petty wicked queen. I want something that sounds fantastical and pretty and just a bit grandiose. I've been using Galindamere as a place holder name, which obviously I can't use because it is yecchy.
3. I also need help naming a city. It is a big, grand, glorious magical city. All good things. It needs a name that is bright and shiny and glorious but also strong and prosperous. Yeah, no small order there, right?
4. I could use another name for the prince's kingdom of origin too. The one I have isn't great.
5. I also need a name for a snooty, brilliant magician. I can't even remember what I used for this guy it was so bad. He's from the big, grand, glorious city, so that style should be consistent.
For an idea of the naming style I'm using, for purposes of consistency, the main kingdom is Tularia. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. The prince is named Theodore. I'm happy with that. The dwarves all have botanical names, but the aristocratic characters wouldn't.
Thank you! I'm excited to see what you all come up with.
Sat, 06/15/2013 - 1:14am