Rate my girl names combinations, please
I am not expecting but I am always searching and combining names - currently I have twelve girl and twve boy name combinations. I would love to hear your opinions on my girl names first then I plan to open a thread about boy names.
• Almila Sereday nicknames Alma and Mila - Almila is an Old Turkic word that means apple, later Almila turned to Alma and in modern Turkish it is Elma. It is a nature name and Sereday means jewelry/ornament.
• Arin Suvolta nicknames Su, Suana and Suay - Arin means pure in Turkish and it is a nod to my maternal grandmother as a honor name. Suvolta is the goddess of life in Altaic Turkic mythology. Nickname Su is my middle name, Suana is another goddess related to Water since Suvolta also means watering, Suay means water moon I just think it is sweet as a nickname.
• Asile Meriyem nickname Mer/Meran - Asile is the name of my mother's aunt who died recently this year. Meriyem is a variant of Mary but also a name I created - it is related to serpent queen Shahmeran.
• Ayla Mariye nickname Aylin and Mari - Ayla is popular so I won't talk much about it. Mariye is variant of Mary also and wife of prophet Muhammad - mother of Ibrahim. I really love her as a character so.
• Börteçine Hatun nickname Bö - over the top, GP name. Börteçine means she wolf, Bör-te-chi-ne four syllables. Hatun means queen.
• Iris Alara - Iris is another goddess and Alara means red ornament. This name is on the trendy side.
• Konrul Tuluhan nn Tulu - Konrul is the twin sister of Tugrul and together they form the mythical bird - Oksoko. Tuluhan means free ruler.
• Mavera Liri nn Vera - I love place names and Mavera is significant in Turkish history. Liri is an Albanian name and means freedom, I am part Albanian.
• Patya Magdali nn Magda - Patya is a floral name, it is a mix of Papatya and Kasimpati lol. Magdali is Turkish version of Magdalena, related to another Mary.
• Solin Minay nn Sol and Min - Solin means wise, it may be childish but she is my favorite cartoon character. Minay means thousand moon, it also sounds really cute to me.
• Yiva Maral nn Iva - Yiva is one of the 24 Oghuz tribes, I try to combine tribal names because sadly I don't know which tribe is my family from. Maral is my paternal aunt's name, I took after her so I want to honor her.
• Maysa Opal/Lulubar/Oltu nn May/Mayis - first name is another cartoon character and means blossom in Turkmen Turkish, middle name is a gem name and honors my mom. Couldn't decide which one is the best but Opal is number one for now. Lulubar is Arabic and means pearl, Oltu means jet.
So what are your opinions on my girl name combinations?
Fri, 05/26/2017 - 6:22pm