Why would anyone name a baby "Denver"?
So, my latest hero is named Denver. Part of a side plot is that when people ask him why his parents named him that, he won't say. People guess, but he shakes his head. I need more "guesses", more reasons why Mom & Dad may have chosen his rather unusual name.
These are what I have so far:
* He was conceived in Colorado.
* His mother went into labor at Mile-High Stadium.
* His mother loved the music of John Denver and/or he was conceived at a John Denver concert.
* His father is a die-hard Denver Broncos fan.
* It is his mother's maiden name.
* Mom suggested "Austin" as a possible name and Dad retorted 'Might as well name him Detroit or Denver!' and Denver stuck.
* Mom & Dad compromised--He wanted Dennis, she wanted Xavier.
* They possibly just saw it in a book and thought it was unique.
Any creative ideas? When I get my book published, I'll thank you in the credits!
Sat, 12/08/2012 - 12:04am