Marie-Grace Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Marie:
French cognate of Mary, which is derived from the Hebrew Miryām, a name of debated meaning. Many believe it to mean "sea of bitterness" or "sea of sorrow." However, some sources cite the alternative definitions of "rebellion," "wished-for child," and "mistress or lady of the sea." The name is borne in the Bible by the mother of Jesus, the son of God.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Marie-Grace
Contribute your knowledge to the name Marie-Grace
- Comments and insights on the name Marie-Grace
A combo name of Marie and Grace.
- Personal experiences with the name Marie-Grace
- Nicknames for Marie-Grace
- Meanings and history of the name Marie-Grace
- Famous real-life people named Marie-Grace
- Marie-Grace in song, story & screen
Marie-Grace Gardner is an American Girl character.